Photos: Tender Vittles & Mad Dog
Web page: Mad Dog
Before the run and walk
The hare - Tender Vittles
The hare gives his chalk talk (or in this case flour talk)
Clitoria (such a quiet, retiring gal)
The Run and Walk
The walkers for the long (marked) trail
Runner's group of 8
Runner's group with MD
Jack of Trumps
Rear Entry on bridge over deep 'rema'
Amawanka shows the tree marking for a check
Old charcoal oven
The long, narrow path leading to the top of the hill
(Definition: a stately or impressive building housing a tomb or group of tombs)
4 royal graves inside
Some of the royal graves
Walkers nearing the end
Walkers arriving at the finish...
Runners arriving at the finish...
Amawanka Just Alex
Jack of Trumps
Socially distanced circle
The hare in the circle
RA Fair Cop and GM Mad Dog take a DIO over a hash horn issue
Jack of Trumps and Rim Job
The young lads amuse themselves
Clitoria welcomes and interviews a virgin harriette
The "virgin" confides the 4th question to Clitoria
Clitoria brings Doggie Style into the circle. Is that a clue?
Olympia relaxes on the bar. Did FC miss this?
Doggie Style and Cabrio Laid
Jacket Off in the C19 legal circle of 9 persons
RA Fair Cop with Jacket Off
Tender Vittles has now hared 5 trails with the AH3 and is awarded a Veteran Hare T-shirt
Off - off - off!
The Thea (View) in Varibobi
6 at a table for families and 4 for non-family groups presently allowed
The taverna just a short walk from the parking spot
17.5 euros per person ( 5 euros/child)
(1 pork chop plate, 1 bifteki plate and 1 large chicken souvlaki plate PLUS starters and 1 litre wine + beer per table)
From the hare's Apple watch
From MD's Strava smartphone app. website
Elevation profile of the runner's trail
The trail from Strava .GPX file displayed in Google Earth Professional Edition for MS Windows
Varibobi - general area view and showing Royal Estate
Location of Varibobi in the Athens area of Attiki
The directions to the hash - for the record
IMPORTANT COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
THE END OF THIS EMAIL
Next AH3 [Athens Hash House Harriers] Hashing event:
Date: Sunday 27th September @ 11am [thats 11.00hrs for our USA friends ]
Hare: Tender Vittles
Venue: Varibobi area a woodland clearing off Tatoiou Road, Acharnes 13672
Inn: local taverna
From wherever you come:
follow the road signs to Varibobi, cross the Varibobi Bridge (Flyover) the National Road to Lamia, continue on this windy road, that after a while becomes a long straight road going slightly uphill, at the junction with the road coming from Tatoi Airport turn right [watch the STOP sign!] do not turn left towards Varibobi village - and continue straight.
At the end of this road you will be forced to turn left (because straight on leads to the closed gate to the ex- Kings residence).
Follow this road for about 1 km, until you will see the usual woodland clearing / parking spot on your right. This will be our meeting place.
If you pass the group of taverns (Thea, Panorama and Aghios Mercourios on your right hand side of the road, where the Fire Squad normally is stationed on the left side, this will mean that you have gone too far. Turn around and drive back for some meters and then turn left (as you will be coming now down the hill) into the parking lot.
The run will start here.
For Sat Navvies
4QVV+JH Acharnes, Greece
IMPORTANT COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
1. MASKS IN CARS If you are giving or getting a lift, you MUST wear your mask. Keeping car windows open may also help.
2. AT THE HASH Hash Cash will be splashing on the sanitizer, and it will be available for hashers too. There is NO requirement to wear a mask outdoors, but there will be no penalty down-downs if you prefer to keep yours on.
3. On-Sex It has been a long time, but please refrain from grabbing, groping and snogging the other hashers. Elbow bumps will have to suffice. Clitoria [on-sex] says: Embarrassed what about bottom bumps?Confused
4. Down-downs The beer bitch and the RA will be thoroughly scrubbed, and the coolers sanitized. No re-use of mugs, (bring your own if you want).
5. Rubbish dump your own rubbish in the bag. Dont ask someone else to pick it up.
6. On-inn We will probably be on tables of four or six. If you prefer a plate of your own, that is fine. If you are happy to share in the normal hash style, please be extra aware of how food is shared.
Lost? Directionally Challenged??
GPS not working or you dont know even what it is?
Just plain stupid???
Call: the Hare: Tender Vittles only has a useless foreign mobile so maybe call Mad Dog on 6932511339